This scholarship is sponsored through the generosity of the Southern Utah Trucking Association (SUTA) members. The scholarship is the result of the desire from the trucking industry to give back to the community by helping high school and college students further their education. Qualifying students may receive a scholarship ranging from $100 to $1,500 to assist them with tuition, fees and other program costs.
Preference will be given, but is not limited to, students who are working toward an education in truck industry related fields such as:
- Human Resources
- Web Design
- Members or relatives of members of the Utah Trucking Association
To qualify for this scholarship, the applicant must:
- Must attach proof of registration to an accredited, trade school, college and/or university. Scholarships may be awarded for professional certificates as well.
- Must have a GPA of at least a 2.5 or better.
- Must attach official high school, college or university transcript.
- Recipient must provide receipt of payment of tuition within 30 days of receiving scholarship monies or be required to return scholarship monies awarded.
- Must complete and submit the application form and essays below.
- If selected, in order to receive the scholarship funds, student must provide a thank you letter and head-shot to the Southern Utah Trucking Association submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org to be published and printed in the association magazine.